Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bored to Death... Not any more.






There are some people, to whom Zach Galifianakis's existence only limits to Alan from Hangover. Lucky for Y'all, By the end of this, I'd have told you bout something else he has been part of.

He has evidently gained huge popularity through his portrayal of Alan, from Hangover. I personally find his sense of humor especially unique and have loved his stand up routines from before the Hangover days.

So when I stumbled upon this series on HBO's website called "Bored To Death", I was thrilled to find his name in the cast list. His role in this show, is equally raw, gritty and filthy as his roles tend to be, But I can't seem to get enough of it. The show also features Jason Schwartzman - Who you might remember from "The Darjeeling Limited".

Jason Schwartzman's character, is a struggling writer, finding it difficult to write his second novel. He stumbles upon a very interesting alternative career option. His role keeps you glued to the show, even when Zach Galifianakis is not on the screen.

The show is a much needed break from the Friends, Seinfeld, How I met Your Mother kind of shows, which are focused on a bunch of friends, who "End up boinking each other, at one time or the other".

Don't get me wrong, I loved all of em, But after How I met your Mother, Enough is Enough. Friends don't hang out everyday, and even if they do, they aren't THAT FUNNY. Why do you think, we meet our friends at bars? Cause then we don't have the pressure to crack jokes, we can blabber anything and it would be funny!

Alright I apologize for digressing. Coming back to Bored To Death. I definitely suggest it to all Zach Galifianakis fans, Also to anyone who has at any point wanted to be a detective and anyone who wants to discover a hilarious show, which follows to path of "The Office" and "30 Rock" Hope y'all like it as much as I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment